SwaSwara is a perfect place to escape and focus on yourself, practice yoga and, for those who wish to incorporate a soft Ayurveda programme, help you unwind. The Ayurveda progammes at SwaSwara help you relax, rejuvenate and de-stress both body and mind helping you get back into your natural rhythm. Once you have relaxed, you will be able to discover the real India in wonderful ecokind surroundings.
SwaSwara sits south of Goa in the state of Karnataka on the aptly named Om Beach. The nearest village is Gokarna, only a 20 minute drive away, with its temples, shop and authentic Indian way of life. SwaSwara is an ideal hideaway set on 26 acres of ecokind land with rolling hills rich in plant and wildlife. It has 24 konkan style cottages set within beautifully manicured gardens
SwaSwara offers a rare opportunity for an all round wellness experience with a combination of yoga and meditation to help you relax, restore and recover. For those who wish to, incorporating an Ayurveda programme will enhance your experience. Throughout your stay, even from your first day, you will begin to feel a positive shift both mentally and physically. You will connect to the people around you, your natural environment and, more importantly, to yourself.
The food at SwaSwara is based on a vegetarian Asian fusion with an explosion of flavours using natural local produce and some fresh fish, caught daily. Do not expect to see meat on the menu. A menu plan will be created specifically for you if you are on an Ayuvedic Programme and will be based around your dosha type. There are 2 restaurants the restaurant above the reception, the Dome (where you will eat in the winter months) and The Beach Grill restaurant, in the open air on Om Beach, which is open in the summer season.
Feel Good Factor
All of the staff are humble, obliging, warm and, most of all, genuine. They are extremely generous with their time and they make you feel comfortable and at ease. If you wish to be sociable you can be or if you are in need of some time on your own this is possible too. Everything is approached in an ecokind calm and gentle manner. This is not only aimed at the guests and the staff but also reflected in the setting, even the natural earthy colours and curves of the buildings instill calm!
Who's it for?
If you feel disconnected from yourself or your life, are low on energy, overweight or simply want to experience India. Also if you would like an Ayurvedic experience, check out this property. You can visit alone, with a friend or a loved one.
Go easy on the packing - no need for uber glitzy attire. Each day you will be provided with fresh yoga clothes. They also have a wonderful shop where you can buy gifts. Do not miss a visit to the meditation hill overlooking the beach - it is so peaceful you will not want to leave. Try some art with Jyoti the resident artist. Do ask the staff to take you off the beaten track and experience the real, rural India. Try not to miss the opportunity to take part in the “lights off” gathering in the yoga studio.
yoga fans include Kylie Minogue, Jennifer Aniston, Madonna, Sting, Jodie Kid, Cindy Crawford and Oprah.
Included in the Couples + Romance programme:
Lifestyle 7 night programme
- Free private transfers between Goa Airport and SwaSwara
- 7 nights full board (no meat) in a konkan style cottage
- 1 x Dosas/ Prakruti analysis as per Ayurveda
- 1 x Foot & Hand Massage
- 1 x Ayurveda Head & Shoulder massage (20 mins)
- 1 x Ayurveda Back massage (20 mins)
- 1 x Ayurveda Manicure or Pedicure (20 mins)
- 1 x Leaflet with advice on the foods you should eat / avoid for your prakruti
- 1 x One day Ayurvedic menu recipes for an Ayurvedic diet for your prakruti.
- 1 x Private dinner in an exclusive setting with a special menu
- 1 x Complimentary bottle of Indian Wine
- 1 x Wheel pottery session with the village potter (subject to his being available)
- 1 x 45 minutes boat cruise to nearby beaches (subject to weather conditions)
- 1 x Cultural program showcasing traditional art form.
- 1 x Art Yoga session
- 2 x Private Yoga classes of a duration of 40 minutes per Cottage
- 1 x Escorted visit to the temple town of Gokarna and the local market
- 1 x Visit a nearby local village to see the farming and rural lifestyle & an Eco tour of the property
- 1 x Free SwaSwara gift.
- Daily group Yoga sessions of Wellness Asanas, Pranayama, Meditations and Yoga Nidra.
- Unlimited cooking sessions with the Chef
- Guided group activities with the resident Naturalist. Bird watching, nature walks, walks to local beaches
- Set of 3 postcards which can be hand painted by you a great keepsake.
- Art and craft classes taught and guided by the resident SwaSwara Artist
Special Offer: 50% discount on accommodation for stays between 01 June – 30 September 2013.
See all our special Offers